Careers - Technical Development and Support Manager (DSM)
Title: Technical Development and Support Manager (DSM)
- As DSM you will closely collaborate with customers, development team and internal colleagues to meet the requirements and managing different client projects both short & long term.
- You are the primary interface between business requests, project roadmap and development team.
- As DSM you are responsible for facilitating prioritizing and communicating functional and technical requirements of technical projects to the development team.
- You will responsible to manage work from our offshore as well as onsite development team
- Will perform a lead role in managing the development and implementation of our software solutions.
- Will meet all the client support needs with regards to the solutions provided by Web Access.
- Must maintain complete control on project schedule, budget and risk issues.
- Provide management with regular project updates, maintain trusting relationships with customers, identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff for both project and career growth, and make staff development recommendations.
The ideal DSM will possess the following experience/skill sets:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Manages project budget
- Manages day-to-day client interaction
- Sets and manages client expectations
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
- Excellent abilities in public communications and consensus building
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Hands on hard-core experience in the areas of application programming, database and system design is required
- Understands application architectures
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Genuine interest and takes pride in mentoring junior staff
- A (Bachelor or Master) degree in Computer Science with 5 to 7 years industry experience in systems analysis design or development or software applications and customer support, out of which 2 years must be in the capacity of a DSM.
- Passion for technology, automation, apps and tools
- Experience with managing technical software projects and scrum & agile development with good understanding of the business processes
- You’re a team player who is technical & solution oriented, a good communicator, and know-how to organize your work. You’re flexible and stress-resistant
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Fluent English communication.
- Hands-on experience on technologies like PHP, Drupal, Joomla , Moodle, CiviCRM,
- Databases like MySQL and interfaces like PHPMyAdmin and MYSQLYog.
- Preferred - Hands on experience on any MVC framework such as Zend, Symphony
- Have sound knowledge on PHP and OOPs concepts.
- Have working knowledge of CMS Like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress
Our attractive compensation plan includes base salary plus commission.
Other benefits include: Medical and Dental Insurance, Bonus.